Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An Old Dog...Learning New Tricks!

One of the things I told myself to do last year was to begin writing more frequently. Well, last year came and went and in the midst of fighting other battles, the whole writing "thing" was consigned to life's back burner. Nevertheless, and at last, I have taken up the cause and will attempt to blog as if there is no tomorrow! Seriously though, I never wanted to digitize any of my thoughts until I felt I had something worthwhile to say. Perhaps now that I'm 50 plus(years, that is, not waist size!) I have a thing or three to say that might be helpful to someone by way of information, inspiration, or just plain old jocular frivolity. It would be nice to write something everyday, but as busy as life gets sometimes, it might be unrealistic to think I could accomplish the feat. I will make the attempt ,however, and prove to myself and maybe even to you that an old dog can indeed learn new tricks!

2 comments:

  1. My Friend, Welcome to the world of words!! Truth be told, it was you that started me writing. In an age far, far away, when we were both yet young and o' so wish, you often spoke of writing a book. Your serious appreciation for books, the way in which you applied yourself to the study of everything you did, and somehow, the way you believed in me, allowed
    me to find peace among silent thought. You have been an inspiration for a great number of wonderful things that have occurred in my life, only you were not around to see the blessings you have bestowed upon me. Throughout the years and across the miles, you were still able to influence the very course of my life. For that, and so much more, I am grateful. Today I am truly blessed to be your friend. May you find the inspiration, hunger to feed your mind, desire to seek that other place,and the will to overcome anything that may hinder your way, each and every day. As always, I wish you peace. May your heart only know love, and your home,only joy.
    JD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are joining the blogger club! Your blog uses the same format as mine...have you seen mine? It is called "The Sarah Report"; go to sarahreport.blogspot.com. It features the diva in the family, Sarah.
    Charles also started a new blog: keweenawstrong.blogspot.com. It outlines our fitness pursuits. You will find that you enjoy writing on your blog. For us, it summarizes our activities, but also allows us to organize our thoughts so that we can chart progress. Enjoy!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete